Administrative Assistant II
This position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Administrative Assistant II - E17B
Annual Salary $38,563.39 + Full State Employee Benefits
DHS offers free child care for all employees. This benefit will be in effect until December 31, 2022. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the program website at https://www.kith.care/.
Travel for this position is occasional.
Must possess a valid driver's license and must maintain required car insurance.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing administrative support for program areas and support functions, or serve as an assistant to, or provide administrative support to an administrator or an official. This may include supervising an administrative or clerical unit, responsibility for an administration program providing various services to agency customers, and similar duties and responsibilities. It may also include responsibility for supervising an assigned staff of administrative technicians in performing duties involving the processing of applications for various types of permits or licenses, maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials, and similar activities.
- Trains other staff
- Assigns projects to staff as needed; develops and places in operation special procedures.
- Initiates correspondence requiring knowledge of agency or program procedures and policies.
- Develops and maintains confidential or complex files.
- Interprets and advises internal and external customers on departmental or program rules, regulations, and laws.
- Prepares invoices and payments of claims, requisitions, purchase orders, and other fiscal duties.
- May supervise subordinate staff.
- Represents agency, supervising official, or program area at meetings, conferences, or civic organizations.
- Coordinates activities with internal and external customers.
- May establish educational and/or training programs.
- Interviews callers, arranges appointments, and handles office details.
- Enters and retrieves information using Personal Computer or other data processing equipment and receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents; reviews data and makes routine corrections.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and directly with people from diverse backgrounds specifically racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and disabilities.
Education and Experience:
Requirements at this level consist of five (5) years of technical clerical office work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you have questions, please contact DHS.Careers@okdhs.org
OKDHS is a Fair Chance Employer.
This is a position in the Oklahoma Civil Service.
Announcement Number - 22-KM168