Social Services Specialist I/II - School Based
This position is located in Broken Bow, Oklahoma.
Travel is Occasional-- Must possess a valid driver's license and must maintain required car insurance.
Social Services Specialist I/II
- Level I H20A : $35,059.00/Annually + Full State Benefits
- Level II H20B : $37,687.39/Annually + Full State Benefits
DHS offers free child care for all employees. This benefit will be in effect until December 31, 2022. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the program website at https://www.kith.care/.
Education and Experience requirements consist of:
Social Services Specialist I
- A Bachelor's Degree
- OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in professional social work for each year of the required education.
Social Services Specialist II
- A Master's degree;
- OR, a Bachelor's degree and one year of experience in professional social work;
- OR, an equivalent combination of education and social work, substituting one year of professional social work for each year of the required education.
Preferences may be given to applicants with experience in School settings.
- Provides support and assistance to schools in the development of school-based programs and identifies at-risk children through inner-school referral system;
- Identifies and assists families in the school district with SNAP, medical, & daycare needs;
- Assists school faculty with Child Welfare Referrals, including assisting with supporting documentation, education, and information about the referral process, or making the referral directly.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and directly with people from diverse backgrounds specifically racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and disabilities.
If you have questions, please contact DHS.Careers@okdhs.org
OKDHS is a Fair Chance Employer.
This is a position in the Oklahoma Civil Service.